Michoacan Cuisine in the Heart of Morelia
LU Restaurant is the perfect place for those who are passionate about food and enjoy eating without formalisms and amidst a relaxed atmosphere. The philosophy of LU Cocina Michoacan is based on the research of local traditional recipes, management of local products, current techniques and the use of aromatic herbs from an original orchard.
Lucero Soto, heiress, supporter and protagonist of culinary phenomenon developed in Michoacan, is part of a new generation that puts the family flavors on dishes that give the already established a respectful and imaginative twist.
Local fair trade producers and recipes from traditional cooks are fundamental in the design of the plates, which protect Michoacan’s identity and wealth. An edgy touch is its distinctive and it can be seen in every change of the menu, not only in the dishes but also in the wines, where Parras and Ensenada play a special part, as well as the mezcales and desserts that aren’t afraid of mixing flavors.
Services within your reach at LU Restaurant:
- Mexican wines cava.
- Personalized coordination for groups.
- Menu suggestions for your events.
- Options of accommodation with food and drinks.
- LU Restaurant to take home.
- Tasting menu specialized in regional products.
- Valet parking.
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday from 7:30 to 22:00 hours / Friday and Saturday from 7:30 to 23:00 hours.
Awards & Certificates:
- CANIRAC Award.
- Gourmet Award 2016 for the “Best Local Restaurant”.
- “Marco Beteta” Award 2013-2016.
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013-2017.